1-900-Chloe (Chapter Seven)

Chloe didn't think much of being upside down, her stomach jostled against a rock-hard shoulder, while speeding through the back acres of Smallville. But there was something to be said for the gesture.

As much as it tore her up to see him talking to Lana--an especially earnest-looking, teary-eyed Lana--the neanderthal-like way he'd just tossed her over his shoulder went a long way to smooth her bruised ego.

When he set her down in his barn, holding her by the shoulders and panting like a dog, she felt very wanted... and slightly nauseous. "Traveling upside down is... different," she said blearily.

His expression changed to wide-eyed apology in an instant. "Oh, crap... I'm sorry, Chloe. I shouldn't have..."

"No," she said between quick, shallow breaths. "It's fine. It's kind of... hot."

"Yeah?" He smiled widely and looked down. "It was just kind of a spur-of-the-moment..."

"Clark," she cut in. "It would be so easy to just take off our clothes and screw like bunnies about now..."

"I'm totally fine with that," he said, his face now dead serious.

"But we... we can't just ignore what just happened."

He nodded. "Thought that sounded too good to be true."

"It's... us... we...." She took a deep breath. "Seeing you with her, after what we... how we..." She gave a frustrated sigh and moved away. "I mean, we just jumped to conclusions about each other and got mad and now... we're about to solve it with sex."

"Just to be clear," he said carefully from behind her. "You did say we are about to solve it with sex?"

She whirled around. "I'm serious, Clark. This is a quality that might not bode well for our relationship."

"Relationship?" He folded his arms. "I thought you said you weren't going to push me into anything."

"Well, I was wrong," she said, throwing her arms up. "I'm pushy. Okay?"

"Not arguing with that," he said, his face unreadable.

"And, for your information, last night... It wasn't just fun for me. It was way more than that. It was the culmination of years of build-up and tension and it meant absolutely everything and I... I can't do this." Her laptop was still on his shoulder. She strode up and took it back, placing it on her own. "I'm not going to be able to compartmentalize this. I can't be secret sex buddies and have fun when one of us gets itchy, then go back to being pals." She sighed. "You're more to me than that, Clark. You always have been. Last night was a lovely, mind-blowing... mistake," she finished, smiling sadly. "And if we repeat said mistake, I'm going to get in deeper. It's not your fault, really. I just... I'm a little unreasonable when it comes to you. I can't bear the thought of being your second choice and... that's all I'd ever be, Clark." She sniffled slightly and smiled. "So... mild humiliation aside, I said what I needed to. I'm going to..." She gestured lamely to the doorway before shaking her head and heading to it.

"Your car's at The Talon, Chloe."

She froze. "Oh." She turned back reluctantly. "Can I borrow the truck?"

"No."

She pursed her lips and nodded. "Trapped, then."

He nodded back, his eyes gleaming lightly.

As tempting as he was, she wasn't about to let large aliens who apparently still wanted to have cure-all sex stop her exit. She shrugged. "It's only a half mile." She turned on her heel. She'd only got to the edge of the field when she found him in front of her.

"I don't suppose you're going to let me rebut any of the huge assumptions you just made."

She stepped around him. "I'm right and you know it. We can't carry on some secret affair."

"I'm not arguing that," he said, rustling through the corn behind her. "But last night..."

"Last night was my fault. You were lonely and I was a port in a storm and you... docked, I guess. I should have known better."

"Yeah, you're pretty stupid," he growled directly in her ear. If that didn't halt her movements, the hands on her shoulders would. "I never asked you to be secret sex buddies."

"Then we're agreed. We can't..."

"I'm not finished," he said, pulling her back against him. "First of all, there's no way for us to be a secret considering that everyone at The Talon, which was really half the town, now knows we've been... intimate."

"Intimate's a strong word for..."

"Docking," he sneered, turning her around. "I can't believe you think last night means less to me than it did to you. Like I'm some guy who just used you to..."

"No. I never said..."

"And don't forget what you are." He ran a hand down her neck to the strap of her bag. "A port in a storm," he said, lifting the bag and dropping it lightly on the felled stalks. "Second choice."

"Clark, don't do this," she whispered, her eyes pleading. "Don't pretend I'm more than that just to get to the sex."

"To use you, right? That's what I do. Fine." He picked her bag up and placed it on her shoulder.

"Clark..." She stared at the ground. "Hasn't Lana always been your one true love? Hasn't she always been number one? How could I be anything but a place filler for the one you've always..."

"Because you're more than that to me, Chloe. You've always been more than that to me. Lana was a... an unattainable fantasy. You... I could always have you."

Her jaw worked, but she could not dredge up anything more intelligible than an indignant squeak.

"That didn't come out right," Clark said, shaking his head. "I mean... working to get her was easier than taking the one that would be easier to get."

"Wha..."

"No," he groaned. "Not that either." He took a deep breath. "Being with her was something I never truly had, even when I was with her. So... I could always take that step back in my mind and keep it this happy fantasy because she didn't know me, not really. But you... You know me. You know every single thing about me and you've always... still wanted me. So, in my mind, it's like... I refused to think of you in that way. Because if we were together, it wouldn't be this sweet fantasy."

She stared at him, mystified. "I can't think about which part of that entire ramble offends me more."

"No. I'm not trying to..." He took her hand. "Chloe, you know me. I know you. We... know each other."

"Yes. Very observant," she said dully.

"But you don't know how scary that is. My biggest fear with Lana was always that she'd find out about me and it would all go wrong. My biggest fear with you is... how right it's always been."

"So... being with me is scary because it's too... right?"

"Exactly!"

She took her hand back. "Your spaceman logic is astounding."

"But you don't get it. You support me and work with me and I trust you more than anyone and now... I just... I can't stop thinking of you naked. Isn't that terrifying?"

"Oh, I'm a little terrified at the moment."

"So am I. See?" He smiled. "This is great."

She shook her head. "Did I miss something?"

"We're gonna do it, Chloe. Isn't that nuts?"

"Clark, we already..."

"No. Not that. Not the sex." He paused, looking her over. "Well... yeah. That, too. But the rest of it. The other stuff. The... pushy stuff." He took her by the arms. "I want you to push me."

She blinked several times. "I need a minute."

He let her go and backed away. "Okay."

"Maybe two minutes."

"I can do that." He stared down at her, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Could you maybe... go?"

He furrowed his brows. "Oh... Okay. Going."

She watched him turn, waiting until he was a red-jacketed blur moving away in the corn, before her legs gave out. She plopped down on the fallen stalks, staring blankly ahead.

All day, she'd been planned for a number of entirely different scenarios. This morning, the plan had been to email her article then have lots and lots of sex in as many places around his house as possible. Then she'd seen him with Lana. It had been like reality had jumped up and smacked her in the face. The plan had then been to ignore his existence. Then he'd come over. The plan had changed to pretending she didn't care and definite refusal of all future sex. Then he'd tossed her over his shoulder. The plan had changed to slightly violent goodbye sex with a jaunty wave at the end. Then... She hadn't planned to pour it all out the way she had. That was where the plan went awry.

Honesty. She'd been honest. And it had changed the plan again. The plan was to take some time off, then remain friends. Then he went and turned it all on its ass. And he was right. It was terrifying. It was not in any of the plans.

She dug in her bag, taking out her cell, listening to the ring with a nauseous sort of exhilaration.

"Hello?"

"Okay."

"Okay what?" Clark asked.

"Okay to this. Us. This."

There was a long pause, then a longer exhale. "Okay."

"Yeah. Okay."

"So... are you coming back?"

"Uh-huh." She nodded at no one. "Just... having walking issues. Standing issues, too. Too many shockers in a forty-eight hour period." There was silence. "Clark?" He was suddenly in front of her. She jumped slightly. "And another shock."

He smiled and leaned down. "Just thought I'd help with the standing and walking issues." She felt his hands at her waist as he drew her up, her bag dangling from her arm, her phone still open in her hand.

She brought her free hand to his face. "Scary, huh?"

"A little." He half-smiled and leaned down.

She cleared her throat and looked down, resulting in his lips hitting her forehead. "Yeah. The funny thing is that this was not even in the realm of possibility of how this day should go."

"Chloe..."

"I mean, I was not even... I didn't say what I said to force some kind of declaration. There were no plans to push you..."

"I know." She felt his hand on her chin. "But I like a good push."

Her eyes met his. Her bag dropped with a dull thump, her phone emitting a smaller one. "Pushing's good."

"Very good," he said, exerting light pressure on her waist. She felt herself slowly moving backwards and down as he came down over her. There were scratchy corn stalks under her legs, but she couldn't care less at the moment.

It was amazing that they'd never had so much as a mutual kiss all these years and now... They couldn't seem to look at each other without nasty thoughts of mutual ravishment. "Crazy," she breathed as his lips fell to her neck.

"What?" he mumbled against her.

"Nothing." She pushed his head into her neck. "Don't stop."

He mumbled something, but she couldn't understand it. She didn't need to. He wasn't stopping and that was all she needed to know. Tingles raced from the spot he kissed, licked, sucked... They raced to her breasts and straight to the juncture of her legs. She could feel her heartbeat there and it only intensified as he bit lightly.

One thigh rose up between his and she could tell he was equally affected. She pressed her thigh upward against his erection and he bit down harder. It would probably leave a mark. She'd need a scarf. Scarves were out with winter over.

Once again, she couldn't bring herself to care. Not when it felt this good.

He ground himself against her and suddenly foreplay seemed highly unnecessary. Wordlessly, she pushed him away, making room for her hands between them, on his button, his zipper, past the hole in his boxers and...

He let out a high-pitched whimper and she giggled. Of course, it wasn't as funny when his eyes darkened and his own hand reached between her legs and tugged. Cool air hit her. She could feel the waistband of her panties still there, but the rest seemed absent. She would have protested, but it was hard around the tongue in her mouth.

And honestly, what was the point? It was far more productive to push his jeans further down so he could probe, slide and... She let out a muffled moan into his mouth as he sank in to the hilt.

And there they were. Half-dressed in the corn field, panting into each other's mouths and listening to the wind whistle through the stalks above them. Then he began slowly thrusting in and out of her, moaning softly as he did.

It wasn't perfect. There was an ear of corn under her shoulder blade. Clark's zipper scratched at her thighs. A fly was buzzing somewhere around her head.

But he was hard and hot inside of her, and he whispered her name in a way that made her heart stop, and the touch of his skin inflamed her with every move that he made.

His fingers found her clitoris between them, and she gasped as that familiar clenching built up inside of her, swirling deep in her abdomen, feathering through her limbs. "Mmmph, Clark... Yes!" she gasped, moving her hips in time with him.

He growled deep in his throat and sped up his thrusts and she blearily thought that ear of corn might embed itself in her skin permanently. But what did that matter when Clark was banging against her, driving harder and harder into her until at last she came with a long, low moan.

He kept going strong even after she had subsided, faster and faster, grunting with the effort, his breath harsh and warm against her skin, and just when she thought she might even come again he gushed into her, fiery and thick and wet. His fingers dug into her sides as he shook above her, his eyes squeezed shut, his mouth hanging open.

Their voices whispered with the wind that whistled through the stalks swaying above them.

"Chloe..."

"Clark..."

"So good."

"I know."




Previous Chapter

Chapter Eight

No comments: