Before Sunset (Part Three)


PART THREE

She opened her eyes with a gasp.

Her dreams were strange. Maybe it was because graduation was coming. Maybe it was because she'd fairly recently found out her best friend could stop a speeding car with one hand. Maybe it was because she'd spent her prom night possessed by a queen bee with a serious superiority complex. Maybe it was because her entire life was strange and her dreams could only work with what they were given for fuel.


But she had images of ice castles and snow in the summer and Clark cradling her, dropping her, babbling to her about ice fishing and other planets and peeling the clothes from her body. At least that last part was consistent with her normal dreaming pattern. But it had all seemed so...

Her hand nearly ached. She drew her hand into herself with a shiver. "Jesus." It felt like ice against her stomach and her blanket felt scratchy and all wrong and where the hell was her pillow and...

"Chloe?"

She shrieked and shot up, then felt air against her skin... too much of her skin. She shrieked again, trying to grasp the scratchy blanket only to find her hand was too numb and her body was pitching backward into...

"It's okay." Clark grasped her arms and yanked her down. "Chloe, we're safe."

She heard howling in the distance, as if in answer to her shrieks. "Safe?"

"At least for the night. I don't think... Hold on." There was rustling and creaking and cold creeping under the blanket, then a slight rasping noise. Clark came into view, shaking out a match, then ducking under the blankets again. She looked up, saw a flame rising up out of rounded glass. "I had to blow it out before I settled in. I was afraid I'd knock it over in my sleep." He shivered and grasped her hand again. "Not that I've been sleeping. Not with them out there." He looked toward the door and she did, too, noticing it was there. Noticing where they were. Some kind of cobwebbed shack. "I don't think they can get in."

"Huh?" She could hardly follow. Because this was real. It was all real. Clark was an alien and they were stranded in the Arctic Circle and theywere... naked. At least she knew she was. Clark's knee brushed her calf and she became positive he was. That felt only too real.

"The wolves," Clark said, pulling her hand down under the blankets and rubbing it between his own. "They were sniffing around here for an hour, but I think they've given up now. They sound further away. They shouldn't be around when the sun's up... I hope." He brought his hands up to his mouth and breathed on her hand between them, still rubbing. "Is that better?"

She made a weak noise, still unable to get over the fact that she was naked. That Clark was naked. That they were naked together.

"I think we should rest until sunrise, then see what we can salvage from here and keep going south. We have to come upon civilization sooner or later."

"Clark..." She cleared her throat. It felt as scratchy as the damned blanket. The one blanket. That they both were under. Naked. She pulled away slightly.

He shot forward and grasped her waist. "Don't fall off. We need to keep all the heat under here." He pulled her in, arms encircling her.

"Uh-huh." She nodded as if she understood as Clark blithely pulled the blankets over them with one hand, as if this was somehow normal. "And why are we... um... naked?"

His hands rubbed her back. "Because we're more likely to generate body heat if we're both unclothed and sharing the same covering."

She opened her mouth to question him, still not over the naked thing. But... maybe he was right. The last time she'd been fully conscious she'd been cold and wet. Now she felt warm and dry. "Okay, then." She burrowed closer and he gathered her in.

"A sleeping bag would actually be better." His chest brushed against her nipples and she sighed into his neck. It was getting warmer. "It's kind of like a pocket and retains all the warmth insi..." He suddenly shot backward, banging his head on the wall. He rubbed it with a groan, staring at her wide-eyed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."
She stared at him in the dim light, now flickering in the wake of his movements. "Didn't mean to what?"

"Um... Just... I mean, I feel bad enough, not even asking before getting you all..." He looked down, then quickly up, staring at some unnamed point above the bed. "Anyway, I've been trying not to... touch."

She nearly laughed. Same old Clark. "Thank you for being so," terrified, "polite." She shivered at the cold unearthed by his pulling away and pulled the blanket to her. "But, from the looks of it, we're on a pretty tiny bed. I think touching is kind of unavoidable."

"Well, yeah. But... I mean... I should just... um... try not to..."

She found her fists clenching on the blanket. "Clark, it's freezing. If being closer and, God forbid, actually touching means we both get some blanket, then I think we can put up with the horror. Okay?"

His eyes narrowed. "You don't have to be so... I mean... I'm trying to be... polite, here."

"Well stop." She dropped one piece of the blanket and gripped his arm, yanking him down. "We're grown-ups now, Clark. I think we can handle a little skin contact in the interest of not freezing to death."

His lips formed a thin line. "I never said I couldn't handle..."

"Just stop being such a ninny." She huffed and turned over, pressing back harder than was necessary, adding her elbow into the mix, digging it into him behind her.

"Ow... Chloe..."

"Oh, sorry, Clark. Didn't mean to touch you or anything. Don't worry. I don't have cooties."

"Now you just sound like a chi..."

"I don't want to talk anymore," she said, testily. "I want to sleep." She pulled the blanket to her with a jerky movement, only to find it dragged behind her as she felt him move.

"Fine," he grunted. The cot creaked and bounced with his motions behind her until she heard a hard exhale behind her and the shack went dark. She felt a hand slide under her waist as she was jerked backward and the blanket settled over her shoulder. "For the record, I was trying to be a gentleman." She jolted slightly at his breath brushing her neck. "I guess I can stop that now." She let out a shaky gasp as his leg settled over hers.

Her eyes widened in the darkness. "Clark... you... you're..."

"Just... don't," he growled.

"Uh... It's... nothing to be embarrassed about." She swallowed, though her throat was sandpaper-dry.

"Seriously. Don't."

"I'm sure anyone would... uh... in this situation.... it's perfectly natural to..."

"Go to sleep, Chloe."

But she couldn't. Clark was hard against the small of her back and his breath was on her neck and his body was enveloping hers and... She shivered. And not from the cold. "Clark," she whispered.

She felt something brush the back of her neck and she leaned into it. His lips. Clark's lips. His arm tightened on her middle and his lips slipped to her ear.

"God, Clark..."

She stiffened as a harsh sound ripped through her eardrums.

Clark Kent was erect and naked against her and... snoring loudly in her ear.

It just figured.


************************************

Light.

That was the first thing he registered. And it hurt. That was new. So was the bone-deep weariness that made it hard to even crack his eyes. He tried, though, groaning when the pain intensified and they still weren't opening, as if some thick crust covered them.

His groan was answered by a sigh and something soft against his lips. Hair. Chloe's hair, he realized, last night coming back to him.

That was very new. His eyes shot open with, he swore, a sort of scratching sound.

He gasped in a breath and some of that hair followed it in. He blew out and moved his head away. Chloe sort of moaned and turned over, burying her nose in his chest. He smiled and pulled the blanket she'd dislodged higher on her shoulder, but not before he saw...

Boobs.

He tucked the blanket into her neck decidedly, trying not to grin because... Boobs.

Besides, he had no business smiling about Chloe's boobs. He was mad at her because... because... She nestled closer and his eyes rolled backwards. He felt her leg sliding upwards and he stiffened, remembering why he was supposed to be mad. She'd called him a ninny and said he couldn't handle skin contact and was generally pissy with him. And then she'd made it worse, all understanding about how perfectly natural it was when he was so humiliated he could hardly exist.

He looked around, anywhere but at her. He cringed at the light again. It assaulted his eyes through cracks in the wood. Somehow it seemed brighter than it should be. He chanced a look up and noticed a faded skylight in the ceiling itself. He hadn't seen that in the scant light from the flickering lantern base last night. He closed his eyes against it, grunting slightly at more new feelings. Last night, numb and exhausted, he'd hardly noticed the aches all over his body. Now he felt a near burn in his legs and his arms and a sort of stiffness all over his body.

She shifted again. He felt nipples (Jesus. Nipples!) against his chest. He remembered the stiffness in other places too and it was just as embarrassing, even if she was asleep. He was only too grateful he wasn't shooting fire from his eyes to go with it. Of course, that might actually come in handy in this particular...

She grunted softly and her knee rose up, brushing against him. He hissed and tried to move his hips away, not that there was much room. Her knee landed instead on his hip, leaving his erection to slip forward, rubbing against warmth and wetness. "God..."

This is happening. This is actually happening. He had to stop this from happening. He gripped her waist, fully intending to push her away just enough, but he found himself frozen gripping her as his c*ck still rubbed against her... just as she opened her eyes.

"Uh...." He couldn't speak. Couldn't move. His fingers were digging into her waist and his c*ck was twitching between her legs and this had to look so damning, but he... he couldn't move. He madly wondered if he should have had sex sometime before. God knew he'd had opportunities. Maybe he should have taken them, whether they felt right or not. Maybe then he could move away from her instead of...

Her eyes shot wide and she gasped loudly as his c*ck slipped forward against her.

He did move then, holding her away and pushing himself back against the wall. "I'm sorry. Chloe, I'm so sorry."

She shook slightly, then squeezed her eyes shut. "It's okay, Clark. I know..."

"I didn't mean to..."

"I know." She opened her eyes, but didn't look at him. "I know you didn't mean anything by it. It's just... a natural reaction to stimulus and..."

"Jesus, Chloe..." He removed his hands from her, pulling them into his chest. "Please stop saying it's natural."

"But it is," She squinted at him. "From what I know, it's a standard morning condition for... guys. I get it. It's really..."

"Just stop talking about it," he cut in abruptly, "and maybe it will go away."

She stared hard at him, her eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. "Clark... Is this... Is this your... first..."

"What? No!"

She stared hard at him, then... laughed.

"Chloe, as if this isn't hard enough..."

She laughed harder.

He glared at her, thinking laughing at it should make it go away. Strangely, it only seemed to encourage it. "Chloe, stop..."

"I'm sorry, but it doesn't..." She stopped, giggling. "It doesn't just... go away if you ignore it. I mean..."

"Well, I'm not saying to ignore it. I usually think about something unsexy like Mr. Leeman putting on lipstick or..."

"Oh. God..." She was gasping for breath now. "Does that... Does that... work?"

He pursed his lips hard, then felt a snort escaping. "Maybe for a... for a second," He let out a laugh. "I usually still have to..." His laughter died abruptly. His condition, however, didn't. If he woke up this way, it was usually alone.

Her laughter was fading as well, though she still let out the occasional burst.

"This is a first for me, Chloe," he said miserably. "I've never..." he took a deep breath. "I've never woke up naked next to a girl who happened to be... also naked."

Her face turned serious and she nodded, looking down, then quickly back up at his face. "I get it, Clark."

"I didn't mean for it to look like I was... I mean, I'd never... I never have..."

She peered closely at him. "You've... never?"

"Well..." He shrugged slightly. "Yeah. I thought you knew that."

"No. I didn't. I kind of assumed you must have... I mean, at some point..."

"Well, I didn't," he cut in quickly. "What I mean is that I'm sorry. I really wasn't trying to..."

"I know you weren't," she said, her eyes unreadable. "You aren't that kind of guy."

"Good. So can we just pretend that it never happened?"

She shook her head. "Clark, this is... something that happened. It's perfectly natural."

"Again with the natural..."

"I'm just trying to be understanding, Clark."

"Well, stop," he burst out. "Tell me never to let it happen again."

"I can't do that," she breathed, looking down now.

"Then hit me or something so I stop..."

"I can't do that, either."

His eyes suddenly widened on what she could do as she gripped him... and not his arm or anything.

PREVIOUS PART

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Just stop being such a ninny." She huffed and turned over, pressing back harder than was necessary, adding her elbow into the mix, digging it into him behind her.

LOLOL!! And for once he can actually feel the pain. Score!

Chloe sure was focused on the nakedness. I don't blame her. Hard not to focus on it.

First Chloe makes a move in her sleep and then she makes a move awake. No beating around the bush LOL! Poor Clark being assaulted like that lol!