Fic Homework 7-16-14

Out of the Depths 2 - done!

Well, it's been a while. Sorry. I mean it when I say Summer is my busy season, but I'm trying to get all caught up, even if it's slow going. I really hate making people wait, but I have to pay the bills, so it can't be helped. Revising my list again to serve whatever fic's readers have waited the longest. Also, Restless Nights will take more to wrap up than I thought. So the plan is...

A Day Late (last updated 5/2/14) Chapter 4 - by 7/18/14
Subtraction Time (last updated 5/29/14) Chapter 12 - by 7/20/14
Restless Nights (last updated 6/10/14) Chapter 22 - by 7/23/14
Restless Nights 23 - by 7/26/14
Restless Nights 24 - by 7/29/14
Restless Nights 25 - by 8/1/14
Restless Nights Epilogue - by 8/4/14
Out of the Depths 3 - by 8/7/14
Subtraction Time 13 
Subtraction Time 14
A Day Late 5 

As I said in the last Fic Homework, I'm trying to catch up on fic comments here as it's more likely to be seen the longer it sits on the front page than the old fic. This time, I thought I'd just focus on Trinity, who has been making her way through almost all my fics and I haven't found time to reply to all her lovely and plentiful feedback. Since she's such a Chlex fan, I thought a round of replies to her would go especially well with this round where I've updated my Chlex. :)

So here are some replies to her (And, if it's not everything, let me know. I can get to the rest if there are burning questions to be answered. This is just what I had in my email as unanswered. Sorry, Trinity, for the wait):

Almost Clark chap 13.

think I have grown up and matured with this story as well as you said you have. 
When I read it first and then kept on waiting for the updates I kept thinkng: Chloe! Just forgive him already! be with him! Stop pushing him away!
But now when I actually am rereading it, I see that you made it all perfect, because what Clark did to Chloe was not right and what she let him do was not right either. 

They were kids, really, not aware of the damage they were doing to themselves and each other. :(

But I can understand them. I was there once, few years ago when I still wasn't that mature. 
Now that I have grown I think differently and I just wanted tell you that you really did a great job with writing Chloe and Clark through all those parts. They have grown up.

Thanks so much. Sometimes I think of going back and changing some parts, but then I think that this was just part of the process, for me as a writer and for them as characters. It's enough to address these things later and find something to learn from their mistakes. ;)

Almost Lois Intro:

just finished rereading this part. I even enjoy it more the second time around!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!! 
Just wanted to tell you that:)
As a writer myself I know how hard it is to actually come up with something new regarding Smallville or Superman and make it original, it is also hard to write a story like an actual book, it has certainly taken me a lot of time to learn until I did it, so I really respect you for this and for finishing all your stories too! There is nothing worse than just leaving your readers hanging there! Especially ,when it's so well written!

Thanks so much! It really is a learning process, writing fic, and I think it's given me a lot of follow-through in trying to write outside of it. Even when it's tough, you have to finish what you started! This series was a toughie for me and there were times I felt I wrote myself into a corner, adding too many elements. But the fact that it was out there and waiting made me buckle down and write myself out. It keeps you honest!

Almost Whole Intro:

I can't believe I did not catch that the first time I was reading this!
A person who would want to hurt both Lex and Chloe? After some thinking it can be pretty obvious.
I notice the hint in doctor Albright's scribbled. It was: grady. leery.
And I was like... Chloe!! can't you... wait, you can't. You can't remember. 
How could I miss this before?

I don't know if anyone caught that on the first read. Some people did, but never off that note, more out of general Lana-suspicion. LOL. I think I was too vague even while thinking I was dropping too many clues at the time. LOL. Anyway, you weren't alone in not catching that. It wasn't that broad of a hint, looking back. :)

I love how you write Martha. Especially I love the chapter when she says this: Happiness isn't a happy ending. Because there is no ending. Life goes on. Happiness is... moments. These little times when you appreciate what you have more fully.

It's so true:) I wish I knew that myself earlier but I guess it's good I figured that out in my early twnties than later lol

It's something I think we have to remind ourselves of as we go. Just because you get to a certain point or pinnacle doesn't mean the struggle is over. There will always be troubles - so you really have to cling to the little things and remember that even the awful bits are all part of the journey. :)

Almost Partners Intro:

Trinity: Wow! I thought you invented miss Tessmacher, but I saw on tumblr that she was in Superman movie! I didn't know she was a part of superman. How was she?

As a character, she was a bad guy's moll who helps the good guy, but doesn't have much of an arc outside that. I think it's a bit of the mistreated minion ends up helping the good guy trope. Now, my version is tropey as well as I kind of mixed her with the Lois & Clark  series' "dumb blonde" Mindy Church.

Trinity:It's such a fun to read this whole thing and when on Vista Meropolis and all... to know who is the mysterious person on the phone talking to another mysterious person:D I love to reared and rewatch mystery to pick up on all those clues! 

Thanks! I'm so glad it's rereadable at all. LOL. I think most people shy away from reading it even once with the sheer length!

Almost Partners 15:

Trinity: for a moment there I thought he would call her Chloe in the heat of a moment. I just keep waiting till he slips.

LOL. I was very careful in doling out the "real names" in that fic as I think the poor girl was confused enough! 

Other Comments I missed on Almost Partners 15:

blackheart_me:

I'ts too bad Clark couldnt resist. Things like these make me feel like he's not the best person. I know he's not taking advantage of her because she wants this but I don't know...

It really was a weak moment for him and I waffled on whether I'd let it happen between them at the time, but I think they needed to connect in this way... but this also might have been author weakness as I might have been afraid my readers would revolt if there wasn't some smut by this point as I'd been building up the tension like crazy at that Thanksgiving potluck).
Anonymous said...

You write the best sex scenes.

Heh. Thanks. I've heard that from a few people by now. I suppose it's one of my gifts in life. I might have asked for extreme charisma or a faster metabolism, but I seem to have been dealt smut-writing. So I try to make the most of it. ;)

Almost Partners 16:

Trinity: think that couples disapearing might have something to do with LuthorCorp and cloning...

Obviously, you now know that wasn't the culprit. But that wasn't an unreasonable assumption to make at the time. :)

Tightly Controlled:

Trinity: You know, you should write some hot Clex fic:D

Don't think I haven't considered it. I have all these request fics to do for now. But if I ever get myself down to 1 or 2, I'd love to try my hand at some Chlex or Chlarkex. :)

1 comment:

Trinity said...

Wow, I didn't realize I left you so many comments:D
thanks for answering though:)!